What Is the Secret to Really Connecting Marketing and Sales? Keys to Bridge the Gap

Discuss about email list.
salma12345

What Is the Secret to Really Connecting Marketing and Sales? Keys to Bridge the Gap

Post by salma12345 »

If you want to take your business to the next level, you need to bridge the gap between Marketing and Sales. Learn how to do it! At the beginning of my Marketing career , I viewed the Sales team as an enemy. I started working in a call center, an environment where the reps idolized Gordon and his favorite movie was "The Price of Ambition. "They were experienced reps, who saw me as the marketing lady , too inexperienced to spot a potential customer , even if she bumped into me. I was in my early 20s, blogging since 1998, and creating GeoCities websites since the mid-1990s.It was 2005 and I thought I had conquered my space, although I was still a junior Marketing professional. I was arrogant and they were right. I knew nothing about lead generation or what it meant to capture a high-quality lead. At the time, my definition of a good lead was getting a first name, last name, and phone number.

Then the sellers had to call him and make the sale. That's how I saw it. My job was to get numbers for them to try to close sales. It didn't matter whether or not these people needed what was being sold. "Convert the leads I'm giving you" or, as the sales team's favorite movie says, " if you can't convert the leads you've received, you can't convert anything ."The marketing team was not strategic. We weren't even working on getting leads. I would arrive early every morning and find an email with 100 leads to distribute. I downloaded them, printed them, and assigned them, writing the name of the sales representatives in the upper left corner of the paper. Then I passed them the contacts and continued my day. While they were calling the leads, I was receiving feedback from the sellers. Many of them returned the papers with annotations, saying what I had done wrong. "They thought they were competing to win a free car.

""There is no one by that name who has this number. ""This person's first name says Batman. "The sales executives were right, the leads were terrible and the worst thing was that our communication had serious problems. The relationship between Marketing and whatsapp number list Sales was destroyed and the teams saw each other as enemies. We were not aligned with our goals and we were not discussing what we could do to improve. But that was in another time, I was another marketing professional. Fast forward 15 years, I see things completely differently. Sales is not the enemy. We need each other to succeed .As I grew in my career and became much more humbled, I began to see the direct impact that a unified team can have on overall Sales and Marketing performance. Working with a more unified Sales and Marketing team means marketing leaders need to take a hard look at processes, goals, and strategies to find the best way to align these two groups.

And this is not an easy task, but avoiding it and working in isolation will only cause friction and limit the potential of both teams to thrive and achieve their goals. "Thinking of marketing and sales as two parts of a healthy, communicative relationship leads to a more effective way of solving problems. "Anna Common Challenges Teams Face When They Are Misaligned When the relationship between marketing and sales is not the best, challenges often arise that can affect not only teams, but also the business as a whole. Without communication , marketing teams may not have a clear understanding of what the sales team is hearing from potential customers. This can affect the message that Marketing uses when promoting the main product of the company. Also, when there is a gap between Marketing and Sales and both teams have misaligned goals, each can think that their goals are unattainable and consequently become demotivated. Another challenge often faced when this misalignment occurs is that no team is held accountable for specific goals .