Maurin Armand: Typography elevated to the rank of Art

Australia forum discussion to read or write your topic.
RjRemon

Maurin Armand: Typography elevated to the rank of Art

Post by RjRemon »

Second interview in this category Interview today. Discover Maurin Armand today: Typography elevated to the rank of Art – Studio Zephyr. Traditional Airitage gin design by Maurin Armand Linucio typographic realization How did you come up with the idea of ​​creating Studio Zéphyr? The creation of Studio Zephyr. was born from the desire to provide quality service and attentive listening to brands with artisanal and traditional know-how. We are lucky to live in a country, and more particularly in a region, where this traditional and artisanal know-how fortunately still has an important place. In 10 years of Freelancing, I have been able to create a rich and varied network of competent collaborators (Packaging printers, Trademark lawyers.

Cardboard makers, Product photographers, distributors, etc.), and Studio Zephyr. is precisely the opportunity to put this network at the service of my clients to bring their projects ever higher and thus ensure a good entry of their product on the market. Where does this passion for typography come from that has accompanied you for some time now in many of your background remove service works? I've been interested in typography since I was a child, always analyzing the construction of letters on boxes of biscuits or on those old hand-painted roadside advertisements. Then I discovered graffiti very early on, which I practiced diligently for ten years. It allowed me to learn a lot about the construction of letters, which then led me to study Crafts and Crafts where I did internships in traditional letter painting.

From there I knew that my life was going to revolve around typography and even if today I mainly produce work around the letter, I continue to draw it for fun, it has become like an automation! Can you tell us about the El Libertad project in particular? El Libertad, the rum of excellence: Design by the Zephyr studio. El Libertad is a brand of Rum that was born in 2018, created by the company Secrets Arts of Spirits who are originally importers of spirits in France. I had the chance to be part of the adventure even before the launch of the brand, only the name-branding and a draft storytelling was in place, which gave me a lot of room for expression. With Mr. Chakhoian (Creator of El Libertad), we fed the project with discussions around the history and values ​​of the brand in order to be able to project ourselves on the long term and design a Design rich in meaning that will be able to accompany the consumer over time.